Sunday, August 17, 2008

Italian Cultural Festival

 You can tell from my hair blowing all over the place that it was a very windy day!


John, me, Lansia, and Jenny

in front of the cute little rides

Okay, so yesterday I went with John, Jenny, and Lansia to the Italian Cultural Festival which was located about a block away from the Gateway Mall. Yeah, apparently I saw signs for this event like months ago and I was interested in checking it out. So we went and it turned out to be okay. There were food vendors selling yummy pizzas, pastas, and lasagnas. Too bad I can't have cheese! Yes, I'm lactose intolerant! There were also some really delicious gelato and italian ice from a place called Dolcetti which is right by our house in Sugarhouse and I've heard their gelato is awesome. We live so close to that place and yet we've never gone to check it out. Hmmm....I don't know why. Well, I ended up helping myself to a serving of some refreshing strawberry lemon italian ice since I can't have gelato. It was great! As we walked around, we saw vendors selling unique looking bags, clothes, and some fun collectable items. Of course, there were some entertainment for the kids where you could put them on these cute little rides. Too bad I don't have any kids! Well, the funniest thing was probably the karaoke because there were quite a few people singing karaoke and as we were walking past them I was like, wait isn't karaoke an Asian thing? Anyways, it looked like they were having a great time singing away so I'm glad they had that there. Well, overall I had an enjoyable night! Thanks guys for a great night!

7 comments:

meteorsky said...

haha, Lansia holding a beer in the pic. I love it.

*MARY* said...

It's such a pleasure to meet your blog.
This festival looks like so much fun, I wish we would have gone and taken the kids, it would have beat sucking eggs out of Meici's nose. (she pushed them in herself, I think)

meteorsky said...

Ennlee, I saved one of the pics and used it for my Facebook. :)

Vanessa said...

Hey this looks like it was a lot of fun! You girls are all so cute in your pics! Mmmm...Gelato is one of my most favorite things! And I've also driven by the gelato place in Sugarhouse a million times and have never gone in! I promise one of these days I will! Haha, KTV is such an Asian thing! I love it! Looks like fun!

Holly said...

I heard about the Italian Festival, but didn't go to it.
I love gelato! Especially pistachio kind, with real pistachio in the ice cream.
Ennlee, I'm lactose intolerant too, but I still eat stuff I'm not suppose to, like ice cream and cheese. But only a little bit, or I'm feel sick.

ennlee said...

Hey Vanessa and Holly, you guys should have gone with us and we do need to try that place sometime! It was yummy!! Oh, yeah, I remember you telling me that, Holly. I guess a lot of Asians are lactose intolerant! Hahah Yeah, I'm the same way, if I eat too much cheese or drink milk, it will make me so sick for like a day or two, which is not good!

heidikins said...

I was so there!! I had such a great time, I wish I had seen you! Love your blog!

xox