Saturday, March 14, 2009

*Pregnancy Update*

Some of you have been asking about my pregnancy and wondering how I'm doing and so I just want to update everyone on my progress since it's been a while since I've posted something.

Well, right now I'm 33 weeks along so I guess I have about 7 or so more weeks to go depending on when my baby is wanting to come out! Yes, he's really the one that decides, not me!

I don't really have any weird cravings like they say some pregnant women will have! Nope, I don't crave dirt or anything weird like that! I just have cravings for Asian food which is pretty much the same as before I was pregnant. Yup, anything Asian sounds good to me but I have been craving chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered pretzels recently which I have been eating a lot of lately! 

I did have some lower back pains earlier in my pregnancy like around the second trimester but for some odd reason they have magically gone away! I really don't know why my back was hurting but I think I might have pulled a muscle or injured it somehow and it just took a very very long time to heal but now it's better!! I was really worried that it was something serious so I feel really lucky that it wasn't.

Yes, I do have to go to the bathroom quite often! I would say several times in an hour and depending on how much fluids I drink. I try to stay hydrated like they said I should so I'm trying to drink more water but it's hard because my belly can only carry so much!!

So far I've gained about 10 lbs. Yeah, it's not much but they do say that you gain the majority of your weight in the last few weeks because that's when the baby puts on the most weight so we'll see. Well, my doctor is not worried about it so I'm not too worried. I think as long as my measurements are fine, he's not too worried.

I'd have to say my energy level has dropped since my second trimester. I do feel tired more easily and most days I really feel like doing absolutely nothing. I love laying in bed and just being lazy!!

I do still have issues with my pregnancy insomnia. I've been having trouble sleeping lately and some nights I really don't end up falling asleep until 5 a.m. I know, it's pretty crazy but I really don't know what I should do about this issue. It's been worse now that I'm in my third trimester and so it's even more uncomfortable for me when I sleep but I'm hanging in there. Just a couple more weeks to go.

Yeah, my baby still kicks a lot and because now he's even bigger than before, his kicks really hurt. He's got a lot of power in some of his kicks!! I'm pretty amazed!! I just wish he wasn't so much of a night owl!! His most active hours are super late at night when I'm trying to sleep so it's been a lot of tough nights lately. I know when I finally have him though, he's going to be keeping me up at night for many many more months to come! I'm exhausted just thinking about it!!

Well, John and I are just super excited for this little one and we seriously can't wait!! It's going to be such a new and crazy experience for us but I'm really grateful that I get to finally experience it!!

3 comments:

meteorsky said...

I heard warm milk puts toddlers to sleep (but it's gotta be warm). When I was a kid, my mom always make me drink that before bed so I am not hyperactive. And I think if the baby gets way hyper or excited before bed time, he will have trouble sleeping.

heidikins said...

This is so exciting, I can't wait to see the little munchkin! Hang in there darling!

xox

ennlee said...

Thanks, Heidi!! I can't wait to see him too!! Only a couple more weeks!! Yay!