Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Achievement Day



So I guess I'll post about one of the callings I have in my ward. Besides being called as one of the nursery leaders, I'm also in charge of achievement day activities with the primary girls ages 8-11. So once a month, on a Saturday, I try to plan a fun and interesting activity for the girls. The goal is to help them prepare for young womens so this past Saturday, I had the girls make their own place mats with a Fall theme. I wanted them to be creative at the same time so I asked them to bring a picture of themselves to put in the middle and then some leaves to decorate the background around their picture. I brought stickers and other things for them so that they could decorate the background even more and at the same time add a little something to their place mats. Fun idea, huh? Yeah, I thought so too!! So, their projects turned out great and I was glad nothing traumatic happened in the process!!! Very nice!! Then afterwards I thought it would be fun if they made caramel apples and then decorated them with candy so I had all the girls help unwrap all the caramel to melt in the pot and then had them take turns stirring until it was all melted. Then it was time to dip their apples in some caramelly goodness and decorate!! Oh, I'm so glad these girls had a fun time because I never know what to expect!!

2 comments:

Amander said...

You are such a cute Achievement Days leader!

ennlee said...

Thanks,Amanda!! Hey, sorry i missed out on dinner on Saturday! i had something else going on! Hope it went well!!